TWO LONE ROBOTS, 7min., UK
Directed by Zoé Henriques
Two lone robots are looking for others but time is running out.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
A walk outside during the COVID pandemic to the location where the film was shot.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take you to make this film?
I will say two sets of 6 months, bringing the total tally to a year. I did a major rewrite and had a change of direction in the middle of the project, so this is effectively the second version of this film. The short answer, it took one year.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Emptiness and hope.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
The sound was difficult to get done while the animation was happening. The time to produce this short film was also an obstacle.
It was a very time consuming project as I couldn’t have my sole focus on this one project.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It was really amazing and gratifying to hear people’s opinions. It’s so rewarding to know people saw so many little things I thought about and put into the film.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Oh many, many years ago. Ever since I was a kid. Two Lone Robots was the first short film I got out, but I’ve been making them or working in post-production ever since I started my professional life.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Probably Home Alone. It was always on during Christmas.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I don’t have that much experience in festivals yet, so I still don’t have a formed opinion about it.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
I think it works really well. It’s effective and good to have a submission sent and organized for several festivals all in one place.
10. What is your favorite meal?
I love any kind of food with friends and family, maybe with the exception of sushi.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I have a few short films next coming up. I have one that I’m going to get out soon and another two that are in production now.