THE ART OF CHEATING, 6min., USA
Directed by Matthew Garvin
A fun night of games goes horribly wrong when a spouse’s secret is revealed.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
A love for absurd comedy.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
A few weeks. We had one day of shooting. A second day of pic up shots and spend a few weeks editing it to trim it down to we got it as tight as possible.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Editing. Chopping it down to keep the comedy going and to have a natural flow as possible was challenging.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was taking back by it. It’s a great feeling to see people express how much they enjoyed a story that e created.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Right after I finished writing it.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Army Of Darkness, The Dark Knight, Hot Fuzz, Shaun of The Dead, Blade Runner 2049
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
This by far was fantastic. Just to have feedback is great to have.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Have had nothing but good experiences with it.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Loaded plate of Nachos but with no jalapeños.
11. What is next for you? A new film?