KUMARESAN COLLECTOR, 14min., India, Drama
Directed by Nivas Adithan
Kumaresan lives with his mom and his Little sister. His entire family depends on the free afternoon meal provided by government of Tamil Nadu for poor students at school. He sacrifices his meal for his mother and his little sister. Whatever happens he remains happy. He has his own dreams. Becoming an Collector is one such dream (IAS Officer).The film says Happiness lies on small things despite poverty and struggles. There is something called HOPE which gives us happiness and confidence.
Get to know the writer Yoginee Arul:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
When Nivas shared few of his childhood experiences, there wasn’t a trace of pain or sadness over his poverty & struggle.He said there will always be a hope during tough times.We wanted to give hope to those kids who lives such life.I wrote and produced.Nivas directed.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
The moment we decided to make this we didn’t have a second thought.Two hours to write.Casting,Rekki took about 3 days.5 days of Shooting.Post production was about 5 days.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Permission for the location, weather, Travel, Food. We live in the city.Everyday we have to travel 6 hours or more to the location.No proper hotels or restaurants.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
We were overwhelmed, emotional.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
The moment we realized that we could see the layers in a film. I mean when we could see much things beyond the story or the performers.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Aboorva sagotharargal – A Tamil movie
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
We are satisfied about the festival.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Just awesome.Would love to submit in future too.
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Script of our debut feature film