THE SCREENING, 13min., USA
Directed by Orhun Timur
A tale we know all too well; hopeful actor waits to be called into his commercial audition. However, things are not as they appear. Our hopeful young actor is struck with confusion when he is met with an interrogation from a Sag-Aftra Agent. This satire takes a dive into our relationship with rules and regulations, and how we choose to bend them when it is convenient to us.
Get to know the director:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
-The warnings on Screeners have always been funny to me. Demanding we physically destroy the DVD seems so severe. “Don’t show to others and don’t leak” I get, but I half expect some to self destruct after viewing.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
-Gosh, too long. One full day of filming, and then I had to teach myself to edit again (last time was in college), and it went slower than I’d like. Next time I’ll be more efficient.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
– No. Joke.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
– Editing, without a doubt.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
– It was neat! I love my family and friends, but I don’t count on them for unbiased feedback. Seeing that others enjoyed it was a nice feeling.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
– When I wrote something that I wanted to share with others.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
– Dumb and Dumber. I will always stop and watch when it comes on.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
– Y’all have been great!
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
– Wonderful. It would be incredibly arduous to submit to all these individually.
10. What is your favorite meal?
– Spaghetti carbonara
11. What is next for you? A new film?
– Another fun one. Stay tuned!