WE’RE NOT GOING BACK!, 79min., USA, Documentary
Directed by Pamela Torrance
Pro-choice documentary film to promote awareness of what’s at stake before and now that Roe v Wade has been overturned.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I wanted to do something impactful to support reproductive rights when I saw Roe v Wade being threatened in late 2021.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Time – I wanted it to be finished before the November 2022 election.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Tickled that the film was hitting young people in exactly the way we intended.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
In 2019 I got the bug and co-produced my first short narrative film but this is my first film that I directed.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Tough, Probably Tootsie when I was a kid and it came on endlessly.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Exposure is key. If there is a way to tap into the press or get the industry media outlets to include the reviews and feedback video links, that would be helpful.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Great, they are the gold standard, and it’s nice for me to have one place to track all my submissions.
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Trying to make a go of this as an independent career now that I have left corporate America. So, first, I will try to build a sustainable business doing customized short films in the Business (i.e. ads and training videos, etc.) and Personal sectors (i.e. mini-biopics and personal docs).