THE WRONG GUY, 7min,. USA, Romance
Directed by Meisha Lee
Theo is an ordinary guy who’s interested in a co-worker named Sarah. He dreams of being “cool enough” to score a date with her one day.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
Always on the hunt for a good script and once I read this, I immediately sent it to my DP and we wanted to make it asap.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
About a year to finish as we had like no budget and had to wait for people to volunteer their time to the project.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Cute and sweet
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Post was the hardest on this film. Again, without money it’s hard to get the proper work needed to match the quality of 4k we shot.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was pleasantly surprised and fulfilled with the reactions. It’s hard when you spent so much time on a film and all you can see are the faults … really refreshing to hear first impressions.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I’ve been a dancer/choreographer for most of my life and always wanting to be part of the industry. Unfortunately when you don’t see many female directors you don’t know you can dream that big. It wasn’t until 5 years ago, that a director said that he thought I had what it takes to be one and offered a mentorship. As I began to spend every day with them, I could see myself directing. I made my first short a year later and truly fell in love with the process.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Disney’s Beauty and the Beast (Animation)
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
The hard part about making films is the what’s next stage. It would be great if there were festivals that introduced you to people that could help launch your career or give advice to upcoming filmmakers.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Great. Easy to find festivals and submit 🙂
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Need to find a new script and raise money for another short (it’s really hard funding projects on my own)