1 OUT OF 8, 5min., USA, Documentary
Directed by Jacqueline Kennedy
‘1 Out of 8’ explores the challenges Sias faces while working in Construction. The short highlights a woman in construction, working extremely hard to break barriers and stereotypes in NYC and in the construction business. Over 20 years she has been working to challenge new heights.
Get to know the director:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I was thinking of filming black women in the stunt woman world, when I realized it would be difficult to get actually footage of her unless she was on a set, as I spoke with her, and we discussed women in construction, I made a pivot to hone in on women in construction.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
The project took about two weeks to film, including prepping for the construction locations, arranging for the drone footage.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Cutting footage was the biggest obstacle, I wanted to include so much more.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
The reviews were amazing. I appreciate when I receive feedback for anyone interested in viewing the film. Thank you for providing that within your festival.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Recently, I realized it I have stories I would like to share and that I should just do them!
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
What Ever Happened to Baby Jane
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
I thoroughly enjoy the Film Freeway Platform, everything a filmmaker seeking to submit their film in one place.
9. What is your favorite meal?
10. What is next for you? A new film?
In the process of editing a film through the eyes of a homeless woman.
Reblogged this on Los Angeles feedback film festival.