A funambulist battles gem smugglers, pirates, her estranged mother, and the Russian mob, to win the Golden Clown at the Monte Carlo Circus Festival.
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
A female tight-rope performer with two Dads must locate the missing jewels her kidnapped father was hired to smuggle or lose him and the circus to the Russian Mob.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should your screenplay be made into a movie?
LGBTQ friendly, extreme high-wire circus performances, suspense, action, great parts for Actors, unusual settings (Monte Carlo, Paris)
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
THE GODFATHER 1&2
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
10-12 years. At first it was Two separate features, then one, now I have turned it into a TEN EPISODE Binge-Worthy TV show (Streamer)
7. How many stories have you written?
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
It’s always changing. Currently, it’s SIMPLY RED’S “Gonna Do The Right Thing.”
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Trying to cut down costs. At first, the Protagonist was a Horse Trainer and there was a scene where the Russian attempts to kill the horse for the insurance money, but I took it out because it is no longer acceptable to have animals in the circus. (of course he was stopped from killing the horse)
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Photography, Art, and Filmmaking.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I entered because I thought the first three pages were engaging. I don’t th ink I got any feedback on ‘The RIngmistress’ ??
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Narrator: Elizabeth Rose Morriss
Juliette/Dauphine: Kyana Teresa
Ivan: Allan Michael