FROZEN LOVE, 10min., Canada, Drama
Directed by Sebastien Begin
A father is tormented by guilt, when he accidentally loses his only daughter to a car accident. He will reluctantly accept help from her daughter’s mother. But during their time together, the two will rediscover the love that once united them in life.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
My motivation to make this film was the LOVE I hold for my daughter and the importance of family in our lives.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
From the idea to the finished product, it took 6 years. I give myself a lot of time to find the right story and characters
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
My biggest obstacle was time. Time to make the film I wanted.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
This is great! Getting feedback and having time to analyze the responses.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
When I got the general idea for the film, I couldn’t turn back.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
In Praise of Love from Jean-Luc Godard
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I’m very impressed already with the festival. The iTunes radio show sounds great, a chance to get to know the filmmakers is the most important, I think.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Very satisfied with Film Freeway, it works great.
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
My next film production is HORIZON EVENT (short)