NATURE DREAMS, 25min,. Brazil, Experimental
Directed by Ale Amendola
Nature Dreams is a visual and sound dive in a fantastic nature. Exotic places, sounds and colors create an atmosphere of enigmatic beauty. An experience to.
Get to know the director:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
What motivated me to make this film was the deep connection I had with nature on a trip to the United States in 2018. When I was there I fell in love with filming things of nature and their movements and during the trip I started filming as many things as I could. I had no idea exactly what I was going to do with all this until I saw all the material I had recorded.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
It was a film made with breaks and starts. I recorded it in 2018 and 2019 on two trips I made to the United States. I love the geography of nature there. At the end of 2019 I started to edit the material little by little, and in the first version of the film the songs were by other musicians, but in 2020 and 2021 I reconnected with my musical side and decided to change and produce my original soundtrack. In July 2022, everything was ready and I had the final version.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Beauty and Expansion.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
I think the biggest obstacle was submitting him after so long. It’s my first original artistic production in this format, and producing a soundtrack, something I’ve never done before, I think was challenging but very satisfying at the same time.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Wow, I was very happy and with a smile on my face, it’s really cool to see how the film touches people in different ways and that each one perceives something different. It’s very good because I end up understanding more about my own work, the vision of others helps a lot in that sense. It was very exciting and satisfying.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
As a videomaker I’ve always liked this job, but films like this, I think it was on this trip that I mentioned, my connection with nature and when I realized that I could mix my passion for video and music to express myself.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
I think Avatar, I love visual effects and they created a fictional nature in a beautiful way. This movie always enchanted me.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I’m very satisfied with all the support and attention, I wouldn’t have anything to add at the moment.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
It’s a very good platform, the festivals are very diverse and very interesting, the communication works, I’m very satisfied.
10. What is your favorite meal?
My favorite food is Acarajé, a typical Brazilian food. It’s a bean dumpling stuffed with shrimp and other ingredients. Google it to see, it’s delicious!
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I have a new movie on the way, it’s all been filmed, and now I’m starting to bring it to life 🙂