THE BITTER END, 10min., USA, Film Noir
Directed by Michael Duane Gibson
A down on his luck detective settles in for one final drink at a bar but must first confront his past.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
My studio space; video is the future (@videoisthefuture on instagram), is dedicated to creating genre indie films. We had made a western and romantic comedy, next we wanted to do a noir!
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
The film was conceptualized and completed in about 4 months!
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
I would describe the film as a spooky Noir.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Finding the right bar location was the biggest obstacle, we needed something that was more or less period appropriate.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was surprised at how well it all came together and appreciated everyone who worked on it. I really enjoyed the positive feedback to the end dream sequence.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I had always been a fan of film, tv, movies, video games, and media as a child. I had about 4 years of experience working on film sets and decided I wanted to make my own.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Sychendoche New York is the film I’ve seen most in my life.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Your festival went above and beyond what I had expected, thank you so much for your thoughtful presentation and additional offerings!
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Film freeway is always a great and easy experience!
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
In the last year the studio space ( @videoisthefuture ) has made six short films. We’re doing an experimental talk show and 2 music videos and then a thriller/horror feature film!