THREE SISTERS, 3min., USA, Experimental/Dance
Directed by Lenny Gonzalez
A non-narrative short film about the 2019 Hong Kong protests that explores three archetypes engaged in the conflict.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I took a film class.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Having to commit to final edit.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Egotistical joy, I watched it twice!
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Couple years ago, I was tired of waiting for the next film scoring gig, so I took a class in Experimental Film making.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Blade Runner or Caddy Shack, I lost track.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Provide personalized festivals/platforms/experiences to show personal films.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Its made a very elusive process (for me) very simple.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Breakfast tacos and coffee
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I am shooting an experimental space opera on 8mm black and white.