1. What motivated you to make this film?
I was at a point in my life where I had terrible sleeping habits. And because of this I wasn’t really in the right headspace to write a logical story, so I thought it would be a cool idea to make an experimental film where I try to simulate a dream.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
Conceptually I came up with the film around the fall of 2021, but the script and film were made in the first few months of 2022.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
The production phase. We were crunched for time due to actors’ schedules so we didn’t get as many takes as we would have liked, but I’m happy with the finished product.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was surprised how much people’s commentary resonated with my attitudes and thoughts about the film. I was also so glad to see that people have had similar dreams to Felix’s.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Probably when I started making LEGO animations, when I was about nine!
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Probably Raiders of the Lost Ark or The Incredibles.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I’d love as many opportunities to network with other filmmakers as possible!
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
It went well. I cannot complain, honestly.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Cheeseburgers and fries.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
My next film is going to be a romantic comedy that deals with time travel! I will be filming it this fall.
FELIX HAS A DREAM, 4min., USA, Experimental
Directed by Robert Campbell Sturdevant
As a meteor hurls towards Earth, Felix tries to party and reconnect with old friends.