THE BLISS OF NATURE was the winner of BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY at the STYLE & FASHION Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
A beautiful Spring was already here in Paris, and I had constantly this vision of a beautiful woman in the woods, enjoying the nature, air, grass, trees, flowers. I thinked about this beautiful Polish model Marta Kowalczyk, she was the perfect symbol of spring.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
We made it very quickly, I would say in 2 weeks. From the storyboard to the end of editing. We shot only one day at the Bois de Boulogne located near Paris.
I usually work with a small team, a model, hair and make up Sabrina Iddou, Stylist Marie Revelut, DOP Benjamin Chartier and assistant, that’s the way I like to work. I also did a photoshoot during the day.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Fresh and pure
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
We shot in May, and the sun was already very strong; We normally shoot at the very beginning of the day, or the end of the day to avoid the light too strong. But as I was shooting picture and film in the same time, I needed more time. But we managed well during mi day with the shadows and trees.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I really appreciate watching the reactions. We normally have a few comments from watchers, and most of the time it’s very short.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
When my parents bought a video camera, I started to shoot with friends, and really enjoyed to be behind the lens and direct people.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
“La Notte” by Antonioni; but surely all Italian classics that I like to watch and rewatch.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Audience talking is really a plus +++
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Always super easy n film freeway. Great idea to browse the best festivals.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Pasta alle vongole
11. What is next for you? A new film?
New project in black and white, featuring a beautiful woman in a trendy 60’s very chic look
THE BLISS OF NATURE, 1min., France
Directed by Benjamin Audour