1. What motivated you to make this film?
I’m a huge fan of contemporary dance. Every time a company hits town I’ll be the first in line, so when I first heard the song “Where tears, perhaps” I immediately thought about a dance duet. For me, the song expresses a lot without words and I wanted to create images using dancing as the primary conduct.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
I’ll say it took me about 4 months, between writing and the delivery of the final cut.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Light and Darkness
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
As an independent filmmaker money is always an obstacle. Thankfully I got the support of my fellow producers who worked hard to find every penny for the completition of the film. Also, we had to overcome a change in casting because one of the dancers got Covid just a few days before the shooting. So Maria, the choreographer and star, had to work extra hours to make sure her new partner was ready for the shooting.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I started crying, I’m not kidding. It’s overwhelming to know that people find your work affecting and that the ideas that you were trying to express came across clearly.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
The first time I heard the song.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
The 400 Blows, There Will Be Blood and Star Wars
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Nothing that comes to mind right now.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
I love it. It’s nice to read the reviews of festivalgoers and filmmakers alike. Also I like the design very much. it’s very simple and intuitive. Long live FilmFreeway!
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I’m working on a couple of feature length documentaries. One about Pablo Escobar’s cocaine hippos and another about webcam models in Colombia.
My Instagram handle is @welkome
and a couple of links to trailers the we made: