WATCH the screenplay video reading.
1. What is your screenplay about?
Taking the characters from Romeo and Juliet and placing them on a talk show similar to Maury or Jerry Springer.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
Actually, I believe it could be turned into a great TV series similar to the old TV show “Meeting of the Minds” hosted by Steve Allen in which he gathered a number of people from history and had them engage in conversation about topical issues of the day, except in this instance use characters from Shakespeare’s plays and have them meet and either go at with each other, or carry on a discussion about a subject, such as the subject of murder with Othello, Iago, Richard III, and Macbeth as guests.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
“The Haunting” (the original b&w production)
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
Two years, and it was originally written as a stage play and performed at a Renaissance Festival.
7. How many stories have you written?
I’ve written approximately fifteen screenplays, ten stage plays, and I have several collections of short stories.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
Very easy to use and follow.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I thought my screenplay might be a good fit. The feedback was quite helpful and gave me new insight into my screenplay.