EVIDENCE, 8min., Student Festival
On her way home from the supermarket, Judge Clarice Willliams begins to hear the footsteps of someone following her in the night.
Interview with filmmaker Alfredo Andreu
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I wanted to show how sometimes we say one thing, but our acts contradict our words. It’s about deeply rooted prejudices that are difficult to get rid of.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
It took us only 1 month including pre, post and production.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Shooting in LA in the limited time we had. Also, since English is not my native language, I struggled a little bit with some dialogues because I wanted them to sound as much natural as they could.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It´s amazing. Honestly, having the chance of hearing from them directly is super interesting because it completes the original idea. Movies and stories belong to audiences!
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I’ve always been drawn to this kind of stories dealing with prejudices and biases. But it was when I watched the short film THE LUNCH DATE in class when I had the spark to make this one.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
My Fair Lady.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other
festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Well, the streaming option has been outstanding. It allows larger audiences to have access to your work in the distribution phase.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your
experiences been working on the festival platform site?
So far, so good. Very easy and clear process.
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Yes. Currently, I’m back home and I´m in the preproduction of my new short film that also deals with this thing of prejudices. It’s the story of two kids, a Chinese boy, and a Spanish girl, who meet through their room windows during the lockdown in Spain.
Director Biography – Alfredo Andreu
Alfredo Andreu is a Spanish producer, actor, screenwriter and director. As an actor he has appeared in series such as Neboa (RTVE, Spain) and Vampire Academy (Netflix/Peacock, USA). Alfredo furthered his studies in film directing at the Los Angeles campus of the New York Film Academy. Evidence was his final project and deals with the most subconscious racial prejudices. In addition to Evidence, Alfredo is the director of three other short films: Negotiator (selected by dozens of national and international festivals), Slap (finalist in Nespresso Talents and winner of the 26th Edition of FESCILA) and My New Neighbor, a project that is currently in pre-production and for which he won the award for best script in the DPZ script contest in 2021.
With this story, I tried to show how sometimes we say one thing but act showing irony. Some prejudices are rooted in the deepest black room of ourselves.