GRATITUDE was the winner of BEST COMEDY at the WILDsound Film Festival 2022.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
– The concept of Gratitude has always worked for me and I wanted to share it with the world in a non-preachy way but in a way to make people laugh and also realize that they can change their own mood by a simple act of Gratitude.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
– 2 years
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
– Gratefully laugh 🙂
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
– Getting the location was one of the most difficult things to do, luckily the Chef character had a restaurant and he wanted to try acting so I told him why don’t he let me use his restaurant and I can write him the chef role.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
– I was pleasantly surprised because they really got the layers of the film, there are many layers in the dialogues and the physicality of the film and everything means something, and not many people get it and they did.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
– When I realize the power of the visual medium.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
– Barfil – A bollywood feel good film about the romance between a a deaf guy and an autistic woman. It is an homage to Charlie Chaplin and the way it’s done is so magical, in a span of 2 hours, you will laugh, cry and fall in love.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
– I would like to hear more feedback from the people who are in the industry who watched this film, also I would like to understand how do I as a filmmaker can benefit financially by putting my film in the Wildsound Tv app, is there any monetary benefit?
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
– Film Freeway has always been fantastic!
10. What is your favorite meal?
– Anything with Avocado
11. What is next for you? A new film?
– I have another film in the festival circuit and also working on my next feature 🙂