1. What motivated you to make this film?
I am both a contortionist and a singer/songwriter, and I’ve found that music videos are the best way for me to combine my movement artistry with my original music. This song in particular has a lot of really lovely imagery that I thought would be beautiful in a video.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
The film was shot in one day, but the process of creating the concept, putting together the crew, editing, etc took about 6 months.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Getting the final version ready took longer than I thought, especially since we had a visual effects specialist on board… it was worth the wait though. I’m so proud of the final product!
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was very touched that they all found it so beautiful, and it seems like they were all really drawn into the unique landscapes of the video.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I’m not the director, but I knew I wanted to start making music videos a few years ago… I’m so grateful to have met Tonya because she has such an incredible creative drive. She has amazing ideas/concepts that really go well with my music and my art.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. What is your favorite meal?
Vegan Papaya Salad
9. What is next for you? A new film?
We are going to shoot our next music video together in August for my song “Devil’s Game.”