1. What is your screenplay about?
Two people forming an unlikely and mutually beneficial friendship beyond race, gender, religion and age.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
There are plenty of negative things people are currently coping with. Having a positive and progressive message may be a nice distraction. Showing two superficially different people connect, as opposed to what feels like an endless divide in this country, is exactly the kind of story we need.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
7. How many stories have you written?
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Many songs from the 80s.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Trying to present race, gender, religion, and age in a way that isn’t inadvertently offensive as I do not personally represent all of those diverse groups.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Collecting music and watching horror films around Halloween.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
No issues. Seemed pretty easy.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I have entered most things I have written to the festival because I feel like I’m going to get some good feedback that I can learn from. This was the first thing I submitted where there were few issues to address based on the feedback. I was truly thrilled to get the feedback I received.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
An unlikely friendship is forged between a 75 year old landlord and his 25 year old tenant.
Narrator: Hannah Ehman
Hoss: Shawn Devlin
Neighbor: Steve Rizzo
Shaneeka: Kyana Teresa