OPERATION: PAYBACK was the winner of BEST SHORT FORM SHORT FILM at the June 2022 COMEDY Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
WITH THE COVID LOCK DOWN AND EVERYTHING, I WAS GETTING ANTSY TO MAKE A FILM. I KNEW I WANTED TO MAKE A SHORT, DARK COMEDY BUT WITH THE PANDEMIC GOING ON, I KNEW I HAD TO MAKE IT WITH A MINIMAL NUMBER OF CAST AND CREW.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
FROM START TO FINISH IT TOOK ABOUT ONE YEAR, FROM IDEA TO FINAL CUT.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
BUDGET, AS ALWAYS, WAS AN OBSTACLE, BUT MOSTLY IT WAS COVID. WE HAD TO MAKE SURE THE CAST AND CREW WERE SOCIALLY DISTANCED, ETC. SHOOTING A FILM IS DIFFICULT ENOUGH WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT CONTRACTING A VIRUS
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I WAS TOUCHED THAT ALL THOSE PEOPLE WATCHED IT AND LIKED IT, THEN TOOK THE TIME TO COMMENT. OFTEN TIMES A FILMMAKER CAN FEEL LIKE THEY’RE OPERATING IN A BUBBLE AND NOT GETTING FEEDBACK. BUT THIS IS REALLY NICE.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I KNEW WHEN I WAS A KID THAT I WANTED TO MAKE FILMS. I STARTED ACTING IN 4TH GRADE IN LOCAL THEATER, BUT IT REALLY BLOSSOMED WHEN I GRADUATED COLLEGE AND MOVED TO NEW YORK CITY
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
PROBABLY “DO THE RIGHT THING”
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I HAVE TO ADMIT, I STILL DON’T FULLY UNDERSTAND THE LIVE SCREENING PART OF THIS FESTIVAL. WILL IT PLAY IN A THEATER IN LA?
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
FILM FREEWAY IS GREAT!
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I AM WRITING A COUPLE FEATURES RIGHT NOW. I HOPE TO HAVE A READABLE DRAFT VERY SOON