KELSEY COURT CONDOMINIUM KILLINGS played to rave reviews at the June 2022 CRIME/MYSTERY Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
A: Having been locked down for over a year we were anxious to be creative again. We had an opportunity to enter the 48 Hour Film Project for fun and ended up with a pretty great film!
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
A: A little over 48 hours. Brainstorming, writing, shooting and editing all done in two days (thanks mostly to the incredibly talented Jeremy Cloe). We missed the official deadline for the competition, but it was more important to use to clean the film up a little more to get it to a place we were truly happy with.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
A: Murder Shoes.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
A: Time constrains and a lack of crew. There were only 5 of us that put this all together and only three of us on set.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
A: Very proud! So happy to see that people enjoyed it!!
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
A: I’ll leave the true film making to Jeremy. I’ve enjoyed acting since I was a kid, but never thought to actually pursue it until a mentor in college showed me that it was a possibility.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
A: Top five most watched films in no particular order- Star Wars: A New Hope, Labyrinth, Princess Bride, Goonies, The Dark Crystal.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
A: Only thing I can think of is for us all to hopefully get back to doing these in person so we can network together.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
A: Great so far. Very easy to submit to an incredible amount of festivals and very easy to see the status of all the submissions.
10. What is your favorite meal?
A: Used to be pizza. Recently became vegan, so that’s gone 😢
11. What is next for you? A new film?
A: Nothing specific yet, but always looking for new opportunities and collaborations!