MANUEL played to rave reviews at the May 2022 BLACK & WHITE Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I THOUGHT IT WAS A VERY NICE IDEA TO TALK ABOUT COVID IN AN ORIGINAL WAY, MAKING PARALLELISMS WITH ANOTHER WORLD WAR. AT THE SAME TIME, I WANTED TO TALK ABOUT THE FACT THAT NURSES WERE A SECOND FAMILY TO THE PATIENTS DURING THE COVID EMERGENCY.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
AN YEAR AND A HALF, BECAUSE OF SOME COVID QUARANTINES AND PRODUCTION PROBLEMS. DAYS OF SHOOTING WERE ABOUT 12.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
AN ACTUAL TROUBLE LOOKED THROUGH THE EYES OF PAST.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
LOCKDOWNS AND FULL LOCAL HOSPITAL, WHICH DIDN’T ALLOW US IN FOR THE LAST SCENES.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
GRATEFUL. IT LETS ME THINK THE MESSAGE HAS BEEN UNDERSTOOD.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
AFTER THE HELICOPTER ARRIVAL TO THE ISLAND SCENE IN JURASSIC PARK IN 1993. I WAS 15. I DECIDED TO BECOME A DIRECTOR IN THIS MOMENT.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
REALLY DON’T KNOW. THERE ARE SEVERAL MOVIES I’VE SEEN TENS OF TIMES, BUT THE FILM I’VE SEEN THE MOST IN THEATRE (5 TIMES) WAS TIM BURTON’S “BIG FISH”.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I DON’T KNOW, I THINK YOU’RE DOING ENOUGH 🙂
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
I THINK FILM FREEWAY ONE OF THE BEST SITES EVER, SIMPLE AND EFFECTIVE.
10. What is your favorite meal?
MAYBE THE “CARBONARA”, ITALIAN TYPE OF PASTA.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
HOPE SO. I HAVE A GOOD FEATURE SUBJECT. WAITING FOR BUDGET 🙂