THE VILLAGE OF NOBODY was the winner of BEST SOUND & MUSIC at the May 2022 ROMANCE & RELATIONSHIP Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I really wanted to rewrite this story my dad told me when I was young. So to make this film based on this story means to make my own interpretation of what I get from my family.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
It took me a summer to develop the idea and do the pre-production, 7days to shoot, and a year to finish the post-production.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Honest and emotional.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
It was rainy 6 out of 7 days when we were shooting in the mountain, but most parts of the story should happen on sunny days.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was thrilled to see the audience actually feel for the characters and have their own interpertation of the film.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
When I was in high school I made an awful film, and that actually made me want to make more films.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I’d like to see more feedbacks.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How have your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
It was great.
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Yes, definitely a new film when I’m ready for it.