WATCH the Screenplay Reading.
1. What is your screenplay about?
WHAT MAKES ME DIFFERENT is about a rogue federal agent whose nightmares about the lives he’s taken on a series of covert missions plague him to the point of near breakdown. His trauma eventually gets subsumed by the mysterious nature of his own origins.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
The story would fall under the genres of science-fiction, action and thriller.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
The screenplay should be made into a film because it’s a unique hybrid piece with an unusual protagonist who gets unexpectedly thrust into a highly unpredictable narrative. A story like this would have mass global appeal and great cinematic potential.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
The two words that best describe the script are VISUAL PUZZLE.
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
The film that I have seen the most number of times in my life is William Friedkin’s TO LIVE AND DIE IN L.A.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
WHAT MAKES ME DIFFERENT is my most recent screenplay. I began developing the story a few months ago.
7. How many stories have you written?
As I am both a published author and screenwriter, I have written 1 novel, 1 pilot, 5 shorts and 23 feature length screenplays.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
My favorite song, and the song I have listened to the most number of times in my life is KASHMIR by LED ZEPPELIN.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
The obstacles I faced in creating this screenplay were trying to completely disavow standard storytelling tropes and to disconnect from the expected conventions of both the science fiction and thriller genres in an effort to create a story and central character that was distinctive and unique.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Apart from writing, I am extremely passionate about cinema. It is my true obsession which has fascinated and enthralled me ever since I was a child.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
The experience of submitting my material through the Film Freeway platform has been very satisfying and positive on all levels.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?<.B>
I was influenced to enter the festival because I was fascinated by the challenge of being able to tell a story through the building blocks of visual imagery in a single page. The feedback I received was also extremely encouraging.