SCREAM OF THE SOUL was awarded BEST ARTISTIC DOCUMENTARY at the April 2022 DOCUMENTARY Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
To tell the story of this incredible artist. I believe his journey resonates in each of us. We all are facing hard choices and Joe’s path is inspiring.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
It took about a year and a half.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
A hero’s journey. How art has the power to to transform and alleviate the dark side hidden in us all.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Choosing what to leave out. What let go on the editing floor…
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was so happy to see the enthusiasm behind the comments. Such interesting insights. Thank you to the ones who contributed.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I actually learned to tell and craft stories very young, as a child, specially building up lies. Then storytelling stayed with me all my life. That’s how I learn and grow, listening and watching stories unfold.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
What you provide as a platform to share films and points of view is tremendous. Congrats and thanks
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
10. What is your favorite meal?
A good home made spaghetti alle vongole.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Definitely. I have several film on the stove, not only spaghetti :-)))