THE DESIRE TO LIVE was the winner of BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY at the April 2022 DOCUMENTARY Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
As an Armenian born and raised in America, it was more like a duty to use my resources to bring awareness to this subject.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
Production started soon after the war ended and in 6 months, we had enough footage to make our feature doc.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Ongoing threats in the region while shooting was in process and then the political agenda we continue to fight trying to spread awareness.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Extremely emotional and touching that our film resonated to a non-Armenian audience.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
When I was a teenager figuring out my major in school, now I’m 52
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I really think your onto something special with the audience comments and creating a new form of tool for us filmmakers to integrate into our future marketing campaigns. more in that direction.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Amazing, I wouldn’t have been able to submit into over 300 festivals if it wasn’t for this platform. Closest thing to having your own distribution outlet.
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I have 3 docs i’m producing this year, all dealing with exposing stories that have hardly been mentioned or focused on.