KILL THEM ALL AND DON’T COME BACK ALONE was the winner of BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY at the April 2022 Female Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I shot “Calamity Jane 1882” in 2020 and it seemed to me that I could make films of social denunciation through fiction and entertainment, defending the western genre at the same time.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
Oh well, about a year.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
For us it is always the economic question.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Enthusiasm!! It seems like a great thing to me and it also shows that the comments are from people who know about cinema. You can tell they love movies.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Probably as a child, in front of the television, watching movies with my mother.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
I don’t really know, I don’t keep track. But you could say, for example, “Johnny Guitar”, “The Verdict”, “Cat on a Hot Tin Roof”, “The Best Years of Our Lives”, or “Laura”.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
You do really well. It is not in your case, but I would ask that other festivals only see the film and not other things.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Very good, it is a platform that I like. And your festival seems wonderful to me.
10. What is your favorite meal?
The Spanish omelette, the pasta and the Greek salad.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
So now I have to raise money. But yes, I have two projects. One “Letters to the daughter”, which would close the feminist western trilogy after “Kill them all and don’t come back alone” and “Calamity Jane 1882”, and two more. One about a detective and the other a feature film about “Kill them all and don’t come back alone”. We will see! Thank you very much to the festival!!