1. What motivated you to make this film?
We knew this album would be a timeless classic. Yelawolf, Edward Crowe and Myself knew we had to document it. At first we didn’t know where the content would live or how long it would be, after day one of filming we knew we had something special, and a story to tell.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
We started filming in June 2020. It doesn’t seem like two years but that’s what it is.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I couldn’t believe other humans I didn’t know had seen it. I was shocked.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
At 19, I saw Jonathan Glazers music video for UNKELs “Rabbit In Your Headlights” I knew then I wanted to be a film maker.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
I’m not so great with this stuff. I have to thank my assistant Masora Fukuda for helping me.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Gyro plate with extra tzatziki and Tabasco.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
We shall see. I hope a vacation somewhere tropical.