KEEP PAINTING, MOM played to rave reviews at the March 2022 ANIMATION Feedback Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
When I was younger, I had depression problems. At school I did not feel well and not in the right place, mostly because I was an artist. With time, it is art that helped me go through those difficult times. I used to draw a lot. Unlike Tom, I did not suffer from a traumatizing childhood filled with violence. However, some of my friends did, so this story is inspired by my own story and the story of some of my friends. I created that character, who eventually made it of his nightmare by using his artistic abilities and the support of his mom.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
Because we were a small team and working on it part time, it took about four years.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
As a lot of filmmakers face, it was lack of funds. Because 3d animation takes so much computer power, it was difficult to get through it without a salary. We did have a few investors though and we thank them, it would not have been possible without them.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was so relieved ! Because my film is a difficult subject, I was so happy to see that the audience understood my film very well !
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
When I was younger, I was watching a lot of Walt Disney movies when I felt depressed, and it cheered me up. Then I realized that I was dreaming about making films that would help people.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
The Neverending story
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I think a lot more festivals should do the audience feedback and the interviews, along with the podcast. I really enjoy this festival and how it is working.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
I think Filmfreeway is easier to use, really. Awesome experience.
10. What is your favorite meal?
My favorite meal is pizza !
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I am writing a science-fiction film, that will be my next goal !