1. What is your screenplay about?
It’s about the impact of an emotional shock on the trajectory of a life through the destiny of 4 characters .
Franck, a businessman in his forties, neglects his wife, Ann and his family responsibilities: he comes back late at home and does not take time for his son, Michael; even to bring him to his swimming competitions. While his coach, Eric was driving him, the car crashed. Michael’s life is at stake.
The impact of this event pushes Franck to live his true self. Eric is going to inspire him in his commitment.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It involves empathy. People in the same situation may react differently because of their past experiences and how they feel about them. Understanding their perspective can help to understand their emotions and better support them. Every human being understands empathy from the very beginning of their life. Children between the ages of 1 and 2 are empathetic (with the exception of autistic children), but as they get older, people start to make judgments and stop making the effort to understand each other.
Frank, the main character, initially felt guilty; Ann, his wife, blames him for the car accident with her child and his marriage; Eric, the coach and friend of the family, thinks that it is time to live their real life and that there is no more time for lies. He wants Frank to assume his true personality.
I think if we try to understand ourselves and our differences, we can improve our communication, adapt our solutions and become more useful to our community. There is no reason to do things just to appear “normal”.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Titanic (2 very different people who should never have met each other experienced a tragedy against a historical background)
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
7. How many stories have you written?
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
I Want to Break Free (Freddie Mercury) /
Courage and S’il suffisait d’aimer (Celine Dion)
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
– oscillated between feature film and series regarding the length of the script
– looked for the positive aspects of each character
– worked with dialectics
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Acting, Film direction and horse-riding!
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
It was great and efficient. The website is straight to the point.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival?
The festival is well known with a good reputation. I wanted to be part of it.
Watch the Screenplay Reading: