THE GHOST was the winner of BEST SOUND & MUSIC at the Feb. 2022 Action/Adventure Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I’ve been playing DCS World for about 2 years and wanted to start working with the camera tools available inside the game. I directed a first DCS movie in 2020, TOP GUN: MAVERICK & GOOSE, that has been very well received and is one of the most viewed DCS film, so far. And then, when the game community announced they wanted to create a DCS World film festival, I saw an opportunity to combine my two greatest passions, which are filmaking and military aviation, with stories I could tell to other aviation enthusiasts!
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
It took me about 2 months to complete this short film.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
For me, one of the most challenging part on this project was the voice recording. To find good actors within the game community, to explain how to act and speak because of the military vocabulary, etc. whereas most of the footage wasn’t edited yet… Yes, it’s been tough.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
The audience feedback really warmed my heart. To hear nice reviews and comments about a film that, for any director, takes a lot of time and energy, it’s always rewarding. How engaged an audience can be while watching your story is a very beautiful thing to witness, always.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I wanted to make films since my early age. I always liked to tell stories to others using moving pictures, either they’re animated drawings, captured on film, or whatever.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
I’d say ALIEN (Ridley Scott, 1979).
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
It depends so much on the festival available ressources. I know everyone is doing their best for their audience and keeping film festivals alive, for every edition, every year, so… Quite satisfied, so far 🙂
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
I used the platform for another short film I directed (3:36, 2016), and I’ve always had a great experience. Very useful and easy to work with.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Traditional Japanese Ramen.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I have another DCS short film in production, a tribute to Chuck Yeager. And also, I’m in the writing process of my first feature film.