DOORS was the winner of BEST SOUND & MUSIC at the March 2022 Female Feedback Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
This film began as a choreographic task of working with 3 different choreographers who secretly selected 3 different doors to create movement scenes in. As the dancer, I was the holder of all three plus she created the transitions in between each. I have always had a fascination with doors especially when they are not open or locked. It was an artistic adventure to imagine what was happening behind each of these doors, especially when you insert a doorway into a natural environment without the brick and mortar. I also love exploring different , less likely stages for dance .
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Sunlight. The outdoor settings required really specific timing to catch the best natural light . It didn’t always cooperate.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I just wanted to hug them! It meant so much to hear from the voices of audience that I don’t know. There was so much clarity and warmth in their descriptions and I learned some new things about what was perceived.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
During my children’s early childhood years, we were spending so much time capturing them in motion on camera, in different settings. I started to get excited about doing more of that with choreographic intentions.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Such a hard question! I’m gonna go with Mary Poppins!
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
This was such an incredible opportunity. I wonder if there is ever an opportunity for feedback/shares while in process, prior to finished product?
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform
Very positive and easy
10. What is your favorite meal?
I am vegan. I love European picnics, vegan style;)
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Yes! In the early stages and meeting with my cinematographer next week to plant the seeds!