DREAMLAND – A STORMING AREA 51 STORY was the winner of BEST FEATURE FILM at the February 2022 SCI-FI Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I was ready to make my first film and I felt the Storming Area 51 event was the perfect vehicle for that. This film is about so much more than Area 51 or even Aliens for that matter.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
This may be the craziest answer I give you. I got the idea/vision for this film 23 days before the event But It took two years and a lot of Covid to get it to the finish line. People don’t make films like this for a lot of good reasons.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
As an unknown filmmaker all the obstacles were equal, and they come at you furiously; From places you don’t expect but the most hurtful was showing the wrong people too soon. So many times in art we think we are ready before we really are.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I teared up. It was a moment I won’t soon forget.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
High School was the first time I was sure I was going to make films. When I made shorts that people loved I knew I had no other choice.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Die Hard, Usual Suspects, Pulp Fiction, Christmas Vacation, Middle Men,
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Just the fact that you ask this question shows that you are doing everything you can and I am so appreciative of this.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Besides the festival rejections it is fine.
10. What is your favorite meal?
A nice pasta bolognese. Italian pasta though.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Yes, I think this film is innovative enough that I can make my next film a real scripted Feature and do a side by side in the same style I did this. It’s never been done and now I have the proof of concept so let’s see where the chips fall. My life is storytelling, films are the biggest stories on the block. That’s where I want to be.