1. What motivated you to make this film?
We started to work on Faggots during the first wave of the pandemia. It was our reaction to the political attacks on freedom in Poland. The film is also our statement against LGBT free zones created by our government, the polarizing
society, the building of political agendas at the expense of the most vulnerable communities. We are addressing intolerance and the tremendous damage that is coasting the people: all of us, no matter what gender, religion, or
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Time and recourses.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Joy and curiosity. It is the most precious and needed feedback for the filmmakers.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
A few years ago, after my experience with playing in the film „Lillian” by Andreas Horvath. I was amazed by this experience. I understood that I could create movies in the chamber and small crews. Independently and wildly.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
It would be impossible to put one on top of the list.
Woman under the Influence – John Cassavetes
Female Trouble – John Waters
On the Silver Globe – Andrzej Żuławski
Husbands – John Cassavetes
The Man Who Fell to Earth – Nicolas Rouge
Seksmisja – Jerzy Machulski
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Create platforms for all sorts of films and filmmakers, don’t be afraid to select experimental and daring films.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
This website is fantastic. I can’t imagine making my next without an account on this platform.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Glass of red wine. In a company of sourdough bread with butter or olive oil.
Simple is clever.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Faggots, the sequel.