TURK VALLEY EP. 1 was the winner of BEST SHORT FORM WEB SERIES at the January 2022 WEB SERIES Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this web series?
Times are hard and people need more laughter. And you can laugh at dads.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this pilot?
We hatched the idea at a happy hour; a year later, we had a finished pilot ready to show.
3. How would you describe your show in two words!?
“Funny, but with a touch of existential dread.” (Funny + Existential)
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this episode?
Our brave sound crew had to deal with the emergence of several hundred million Brood X cicadas from their underground burrows after 17 years. They don’t wake up quietly (the cicadas, not the crew).
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Hearing such a smart, diverse cross-section of cinema-goers all saying the word “shenanigans” warmed our hearts.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
ADAM: After accidentally wandering onto a movie set. Dolly track, Panavision cameras and HMIs are very seductive; TOM: When I accidentally walked onto the set of “Carlito’s Way” and they made it rain on Sixth Ave.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
TOM: “The Poseidon Adventure”
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Not to butter your biscuit too much, but your team has been doing a first-rate job of promoting our show and staying in close contact! Gratitude!
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Everything is friendly, affordable and turnkey — bravo!
10. What is your favorite meal?
ADAM: Steak and a salad;
TOM: A nice plate of pasta.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Season 2, and a chance to develop “Turf Valley” into a half-hour show for television!