WE’RE ALL ZOMBIES was the winner of BEST SHORT FILM at the February 2022 POLITICAL Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
We were in lockdown, our chattering classes were having a blast turning us against one another, when we are not each others’ enemies. It was breaking my heart, so i turned to art for comfort. I just sat down with Mark, talked about all the blindness and how much healing we needed, and put that cry for us to look at what we are doing to one another together.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
Three days, like the kind you get on when you start Sunday and end Thursday morning and think, Where have i just been?
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
My fear of being called a Nazi or Racist for making it.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I am still tingling; I am blown away by the feedback video. Such insight, but moreso, an actual conversation, which was my intention.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
eight years old, never looked back.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
I think it’s Bad Teacher, but there’s a story attached.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Just tell me how I can help make you more popular!
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Fan flipping tastic.
10. What is your favorite meal?
vegetarian sloppy joes
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Yes, I’m working on a spiritual journey documentary about healing from narcissistic abuse.