SPACE SHUTTLE EPISODE 1: THE PILOT played to rave reviews at the February 2022 ANIMATION Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
It started as a book that some very talented writers came up with, and I just loved that. Spent a bit of time getting it into a script form, but that was part of the fun.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Was my first time doing mocap, and really that was a big part of it. Creating/discovering workflows that can be done during a pandemic lockdown (and a very small budget!). Learned a LOT, and am currently working on episode 2, with a script for ep 3 on the way.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Just loved it. Felt like they “got” the heart and humor, and the love put into it. They also kindly excused some of the less polished parts of it, in favor of what did work.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Early on…there’s a series of 35 mm slides from my early life, where we did some stop frame animation of a little lego space scene.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Most? Probably the Matrix. Really loved the first one.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Would love for this pandemic thing to end (!) so we can interact in person again.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Working on episodes 2 and 3 of Space Shuttle, then there’s a feature after that!