I LIVE FOR YOU was the winner of BEST SOUND & MUSIC at the January 2022 BLACK & WHITE Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
My goal it’s been, since the beginning, to bring the attention on invisible violence which doesn’t leave scars, and sometimes neither the victims realize that they are undergoing. Psychological violence is a high spreading phenomenon, wider than the physical one, which develops even due to cultural and social stereotypes endurance. Most frequent victims are women.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
About a year! Most of the time had been spent on studying gaslighting deeply and profusely.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Spark and Hope!
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
To depict what cannot be seen, and doing it in a few minutes. For this reason more than “tell a story” we (me with cowriters Claudio Lombardi and Paolo Mazzarella and the director Gaetano Ippolito) tried to let the feelings af gaslighting victim emerge from the situations.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
First of all that was overwhelming! And then i realized that the whole team had done a great job, since our intentions were arriving to the spectators.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I realized it few years ago, when i put together my everlasting passion for cinema and the will of approaching social and cultural issues. I believe that the language of cinema is one of the strongest instrument to do that.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
“Meet Joe Black”! I find fascinating the idea of meeting Death and speak with it in order to finalize all the things you’re leaving behind.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
You’re doing an amazing job with the festival and all the participants. I loved your care for communication and, definitely, the visibility you gave to the winners is outstanding. I really wouldn’t have any suggestion.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Filmfreeway allowed us to manage in a very simple way the registration to numerous festivals and “I live for you” is getting many credits all around the world.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Definitely pizza! I could eat it every single day and don’t get tired.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
“Collettivo Paula” (created with Claudio Lombardi and Paolo Mazzarella) is working on a new script about mental manipulation and negative outcomes of social and cultural prejudice and stereotypes. Too early, anyway, to say where it will take us.