BLACK LOVE MANIFESTO was the winner of BEST FILM at the January 2022 MUSIC Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
The relentless campaign of police violence and terror on Black bodies starting with Trayvon Martin to Breyonna Taylor to George Floyd and the ongoing hashtags
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
About 3 years
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Funding and sound mastering
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was humbled and grateful that my film resonated with folks
Watch the Audience Feedback video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
During the pandemic shutdown in 2020
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Sankofa and Claudine
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Film Freeway is great, easy to navigate and easy to submit.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Crab legs, corn and Kale salad
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I have a short documentary called A Peculiar Silence