THE LAST SONG played to rave reviews at the January 2022 FEMALE Filmmakers Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
When I first read the script, I realized that the film had a lot of potential. I knew I would be able to add my director’s vision without disrupting the original script through the actor’s blocking and the set decoration. I’m also slowly delving into the horror genre, so this was the perfect opportunity.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
I believe it was around 3 to 4 months from pre-production to post-production. But the entire filming took only one day.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
I’ll have to get back to you on this one.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
One of the biggest obstacles was the time frame to complete the film. We had only a one-day, 10-hour shoot to complete the film, which gave me about 10 minutes per scene to do some actor directing. I wish I had more time than that, but I’m happy with the result.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I felt happy to see their positive reaction to the film. It made my day to realize some people found it funny and others related to it, although it is a zombie movie.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I’ve always known I wanted to make films. Since I was a little kid, I would always say, “one day I’ll make a movie like that” after watching a movie.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
It’s probably a tie between The Devil Wears Prada and Big Fish.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Probably broadening your social platform, I would have loved to see the film’s poster uploaded to Instagram.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
FilmFreeway is very practical, making it easy and fun to submit to festivals!
10. What is your favorite meal?
Currently, it’s Pad Thai.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I’m collaborating with one of my best friends, Frances Jacob, on a horror script she wrote based on ‘The Princess and the Pea.’ I will have the opportunity to direct the short hopefully later this year.