RAYNE RANEY VERSE 1 was the winner of BEST SOUND & MUSIC at the Dec. 2021 STYLE, EXPERIMENTAL, FASHION Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
Rayne’s heart-centered, emotional dance style was the motivation to make the film. I also love the musician Erwin Vann’s saxophone compositions. On the soundtrack for the film, Erwin Vann plays in a trio with Pierre Tanguay and Michel Mergaerts.
I’m very fortunate to have these acclaimed European musicians as part of this film and want to say thank you to them. Their sounds also deeply motivate me to make motion images.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
3 days, prep, shoot, edit
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
It’s almost always loading in and out the grip!
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Thank you for taking the time to watch the film and to discuss it. It’s amazing that you all offer feedback to us in this cool style.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
For certain, about 8 years ago
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Well, honestly, I’d have to say Star Wars.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
It is always my deep desire of course, to see the films I make on big screens.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
That site is seamless and has made life better for me.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Actor Joe Pantoliano’s character was eating a filet mignon, cabernet and french fries in a skyline bar somewhere, some film…that looked pretty good. I remember that scene because he was savoring the meal and appreciating life.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I’m currently making images with Nickerson-Rossi Dance, a company based out of Palm Springs, California. I like the Choreographer’s work, lyricism.