DRILL was the winner of BEST FILM at the ROMANCE & RELATIONSHIPS Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
It was a spontaneous idea. At that time I had been working on another project actually – a sci-fi short film and was applying for funding at the Ukrainian State Film Agency, but didn’t get to the final pitching unfortunately. So I was a bit disappointed, but at the same time motivated to do something instead with the budget that I could spend.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
Around 10 weeks
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
To fit in actors in rehearsal and shooting schedules
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It was like: Wow they really got the idea behind the film in a way I did, except I couldn’t verbalize it.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
It was when I attended acting classes 6 years ago
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I think something like a streaming service specifically for festival films.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Hard to say, it was my distribution agent who did this
10. What is your favorite meal?
Fish & Chips
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Yes, and thinking also about reality show