FAKE was the winner of BEST DOCUMENTARY FILM at the December 2021 POLITICAL Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
It seems that people’s beliefs are increasingly limiting rather than exploring and expanding. Even common sense is being assaulted in this time of misinformation. When analyzed, it becomes crystal clear why this phenomenon is occurring, who wins, who loses.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
From research and writing to filming and editing, the process took 3 weeks.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
We love and welcome obstacles. It’s life’s way of challenging your creative process and fulfilling your intention. Whenever we get stuck, we get excited – because our project and our minds are being challenged. Remove the ego and preconceptions – and it’s amazing what will flow through you.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
My initial reaction was gratefulness for them taking the time to express their impressions. It meant a lot.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I knew when I was 12 years old (and made films with my friends and an 8mm camera).
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Planet of the Apes (60 times because I was an usher in a movie theatre).
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Actually, you do a superb job. As a filmmaker, we wish there were more venues to stream our work.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Absolutely wonderful. Great customer service.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Spaghetti with meatballs.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
We just completed a documentary “Overweight” – and are currently researching material for a film on the impact of isolation in our culture.