THE 12TH NIGHT was the winner of BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY at the November 2021 DANCE Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
The curator of the BAF Festival told me the story. 2020 was difficult to the human being, as well as dancers. I think it’s a great story worth to spread.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
It takes nearly a month for pre, and we spent 3 days for shooting, post takes one another month.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
A tough journey but worth it.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Limited budget always the one.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It’s so lovely for the video. And this is a wonderful return of the hard works. Thanks a lot.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
My major was fine art, after being an video artist for a short while, I designed to get involved of the industry.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Art & documentary
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
Honestly, this is my first time to submit works on an online platform, I don’t think I could have an comment from my limited experience.
9. What is your favorite meal?
It hard to tell, there’re multiple answers in my brain now. Anyway, as a filmmaker, I’ve been travel a lot, and the brand new experience of the local cuisines are always the best return for a whole day’s hardworking.
10. What is next for you? A new film?
We are planning on a new project. It might be a short film about charity.