BEAUTIFUL VIOLENCE was the winner of BEST PERFORMANCES at the November 2021 CRIME/MYSTERY Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
The covid quarantine sidelined another project I was about to do. So I decide to write a simple script with only two actors in one location which would be easier to shoot during the quarantine. But the plot of the film came to me years ago when I was in a dark place and with flirting with suicide but knew my family would not get my life insurance if I flooded through with it.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
It took about six hours to shoot the main portion of the film and about three hours to shoot the B roll in the vehicle. Then about a month on post.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Casting during quarantine.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
When I was in 5th grade. I saw a super =8 film my teach made with a prior class and new that’s what I wanted to do.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Honestly what you already offer is a lot more than pother festivals.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
I love it. Very easy and user friendly.
10. What is your favorite meal?
I love seafood. Anything from shrimp to a mermaid.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I’m writing a very politicly incorrect film called, WET BACULA. It’ll be one of those films people say you can’t make anymore.