INVASION was the winner of BEST FILM at the November 2021 SCI-FI/FANTASY Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I was motivated to do the film after going on a cross country road trip and landing on a small out of the way town in Texas. I was keeping a journal at the time and needed to spice it up to make it more entertaining. So I incorporated an alien invasion into a short story that eventually became Invasion.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
This took me about three years to complete. First to write then to collaborate and then shoot and edit while working my job.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
I was scared that it would be received like my second film which people seemed to be indifferent to. So the biggest obstacle for me was getting over that fear and staying focused on the work.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I loved it. Again I thought it was so generous and I very much appreciated each person taking the time to do that.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I fell in love with films and wanted to contribute.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I’m not sure to be honest. I appreciate the recognition.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
I really enjoy film freeway.
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I am making a documentary about a softball team.