REMNANT was the winner of BEST SOUND & MUSIC at the November 2021 SCI-FI/FANTASY Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
We were motivated by climate change and the inevitability of change, from there it was a labour of love and focus. This was also one of the main reasons we shot it on 35mm
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
From development to the finishing of post prod was about 2 years
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Intimate and daunting
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
The scale of shooting on 35mm and the COVID 19 pandemic starting in the middle of shooting
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It was just shocking and flattering, everyone’s comments were so nice, but also just to have them understand our vision and see all the little details was so satisfying. I’m very proud.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Since I was about 5 years old, and I watched the Wizard of Oz for the first time
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Either LOTRs or Love Actually
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I’d love to do talk backs whether with the audience or other filmmakers
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
10/10. Makes the whole experience streamlined as well as allows us to discover more festivals in our wheelhouse
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Currently in development stages for some new shorts. We have a music video shooting this coming summer as well
In the meantime I’m running first team on the Equalizer in NYC