BOYS, MUSIC, and CHAOS played to rave reviews at the November 2021 TV WEB SERIES Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I drew inspiration for this film from my experience being a musician and living with other musicians. Over the quarantine, I wanted to make a web series but had limited resources to do so. At the time, I was living with a few musician friends who had some acting experience. With them as the cast and our apartment as the set, it was much easier to work around Covid limitations.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
It’s hard to say how long this particular episode took but as for the whole 10 episode series, I started writing it in August and finished everything in December.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
COVID made things much more complicated. It was unsafe for us to bring many people from different places into our apartment so we had a small crew. I also had to make sure everyone was getting tested regularly. We had to cancel a shoot once because an actor was showing symptoms of COVID that day. He tested negative but it still threw our shooting schedule off.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was very pleased that everyone found it entertaining and funny. I’m glad people wanted to learn more about the characters as I have created a whole series about them.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I’ve wanted to make films most of my life. When I was 9, I received a camera for christmas and couldn’t put it down. Over the years I grew more and more passionate about video production.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Ever since streaming services took over, I haven’t rewatched films much so it would have to be something my family owned on DVD growing up. Probably the Lord of the Rings.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I know COVID’s been complicating festivals but I’m hoping in the near future I can go to an in person screening of my web series and meet other filmmakers and professionals face to face.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
So far it’s been fairly easy to use and straightforward. It’s a little confusing to submit a full web series since that’s almost like submitting multiple films.
10. What is your favorite meal?
I love so many different types of food so this one’s really difficult. I could always go for a nice burrito though.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I’m currently writing another comedy film that I plan on producing. I am also happy with the characters I established in this web series and would love to see if I can do more with them. Maybe I’ll write a feature or TV series.