FULL BODIED was the winner of BEST DIRECTION at the October 2021 THRILLER/SUSPENSE Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
We had access to this great space and we wanted to make a film that showed the life of a hardworking winemaker.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
We wrote the script early fall of 2019, filmed quickly after, and we finished post spring of 2020.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Wineries are loud!
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It was great to see that people enjoyed it and hearing their thoughts on the film was really interesting to watch.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
In 2014 I started directing/writing plays that were a hybrid of theater and short films that expanded the action on stage. The filming of those supplementary short films got me interested in doing films.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I would love to connect with other filmmakers.
9. What is your favorite meal?
10. What is next for you? A new film?
A feature film I co-wrote just completed principal photography last week. David and I will be working on a short film this winter. I will be directing a short film I wrote in March 2022.